All K-6 educators must take this exam to become state certified.
- Test consists of 220 multiple choice items in a 4 hours and 30 minute block.
- Language Arts and Reading: 60 questions/ 65 minutes
- Social Science: 55 questions/ 65 minutes
- Science: 55 questions/ 70 minutes
- Mathematics: 50 questions/ 70 minutes
Note: Examinees taking 3 or more subtests will receive a 15 minute break during the test
Test content covers four subject areas: language arts, mathematics, social science, science.
Register to take the exam on the Florida Department of Education website. The test can be retaken every 31 days until a passing score is achieved.
Note: To become state certified as a professional educator, candidates must also take the Professional Education Exam and a Subject Area Exam such as the Elementary Education K-6 Exam.